YOUR INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE IN THE ELECTIONS FOR POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER
The job of the Police and Crime Commissioner is to ensure the policing needs of communities are met as effectively as possible. It will bring communities closer to the police, build confidence in the system and restore trust. The Commissioner will give you a voice at the highest level and ensure your police are accountable. If I am elected:
- I will be personally and publicly accountable and available to everyone in Gloucestershire on all aspects of crime and anti-social behaviour. I will work with you to understand your needs and concerns
- I will set the county’s strategic policing plan and priorities to reflect your views and to improve the performance, professionalism and reputation of Gloucestershire Constabulary
- I will set the policing budget and work with the Chief Constable and you to make the right choices about funding, especially for police buildings and officers in rural areas.
- I will not allow the Constabulary’s operational efficiency to become reliant upon private sector organisations and contracts.
- I will protect the Constabulary’s ability to respond successfully to routine events and local or national crises. I will develop partnerships with other police forces and agencies to ensure the people of Gloucestershire receive the very best service and protection.
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.